Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Passing into August soon....

August 1st is just around the corner and it's my goal to release yet another song on this day. Yep, you guessed it: Passing into August!

I wrote this song back in 2003 on or around August 1st after coming up with the concept at a Springfield, VT gas station during the exact transition from July to August. My long time friend Mike Rossi was in the car and I remember having that feeling that we both would have been going back to school in Sarasota, FL that month had we not just graduated. I actually remember yelling up to him - "Hey Mike! We're passing into August!" The song is very much about moving on from close bonds and relationships with people but still doing your best to hold those ties together. As time goes on, it gets harder and harder to do so and I think it's a natural, yet sad process we all must go through.

In two weeks I hope to release some form of the song to commemorate the 10 year anniversary of when I went to school and formed so many of the bonds I still have today. Passing Into August was written in honor of these people...and for those I have lost touch with.

No comments:

Post a Comment