Thursday, January 15, 2009

Collaborating

I thought I would write a bit about my thoughts on working with all of these talented musicians and artists on What To Keep & Let Go. Frankly, I love it.

I was thinking about it a bit last night after talking with Marcin about "putting your trust in everyone's artistry". Not sure he said exactly that but I couldn't agree more with that idea. I mean at the same time it's a terrifying thought, no? It's almost like handing someone the brush you're using to paint this very personal picture, having them dip it in their own colors and just make their mark however and wherever they feel is right. Yikes! Anything could happen! What you expect or not!

But that's the beauty of it. The interpretation that others have on your own blueprints. How they see things fit together to make the whole thing that much stronger. How they shape and mold and change what you thought was satisfactory only to realize that art is never done, always impermanent, expressed in many different ways and absolutely open for interpretation.

What To Keep & Let Go. Will we ever know? Tough to say.... But while you're trying to figure it out, let it all in. Be open to everything and anything that happens to you. Don't get too ahead of yourself or you'll actually miss the process of it all.

I'm excited to be working with these talented artists and grateful to know them. I cannot wait to see how things evolve with their help and input.

No comments:

Post a Comment