Friday, February 11, 2011

Alyson McKinster and Dan Cooper

Meet my two new back up vocalists. Alyson has been on board for a while but I haven't had a chance to properly introduce her in a post, 'tho I'm sure you have seen her name floating around some blog entries. She is currently featured on both If Not Now Then When and Ask You and has plans on returning to the studio in the coming weeks to lay down some tracks on Bicycle on the Ice and perhaps a couple others. Her voice is a great fit for the songs and I'm very excited about having her as part of the project. She also plays piano on If Not Now Then When so her touch on the song certainly doesn't go without notice. It's brilliant, you'll see.

As for Dan, I met him a while back through Marcin and knew from word of mouth as well as sound clips that he possesses some phenomenal pipes. Naturally, it made sense to have him back me on one of the most difficult and energy-driven songs on the album - In The End. So fortunately, our schedules aligned when I was up this last January and Dan came in and recorded his part in a little over an hour. It, too, sounds amazing.

I've said it before and I'll say it again- this album is dripping with talent and these vocalists are no exception. Thank you Alyson and Dan.

No comments:

Post a Comment