Monday, October 5, 2009

"Shall I play for you, pa rum pum pum pum, On my drum?"

Why yes, Aaron, you can! haha

I had a talk with Cullen the other day about the possibility of bringing on another drummer to help along with the process, as there are five songs left in need of drums and I think it'd be good to have the option to use a second percussionist. Cullen agreed that it'd be fine that I talk to Aaron about helping out with a couple of songs, as he had already come in to play on Electric Candle and seemed interested that night in helping out in more ways if we needed it. At that time I didn't ask Aaron if he would in fact be into the idea of playing on some more songs but after Cullen's support, I asked him and he said yes!

So it is my plan to have Aaron drum on Do What You Can and Passing Into August while Cullen continues work on Stand, Circles and Hello, Amy. It will be a great mix of style and convenient to boot: Aaron's drum set has a permanent home at Dave's studio as they are in The Royalty together and hold their practices there.

Here's to getting back on track!

No comments:

Post a Comment