Thursday, February 26, 2009

The Focus is Hocus

What does that mean? I have no idea. haha But it was the message underneath the beer bottle cap that Marcin gave to me when we got the take we wanted for Bicycle on the Ice last night. :) Very exciting. The thing that works great about running through this song about ten times in a row is that my voice takes on a very tired and raspy quality that lends itself perfectly to the mood and emotion of the song. I think people will really like how it sounds in the end. It's less upbeat and "dancable" than the demo (I always found it funny how this song made little kids dance in the audience and that wasn't necessarily the effect I wanted. haha). So this version may be a little different than what some might expect....;) But I trust they'll like it all the same.

Pictures and video up soon!

2 comments:

  1. The demo was danceable?! I must have received the wrong one...

    Just playin.

    While I still refuse to listen to anything till this one is finished, I'm sorta excited to see how they compare.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha i only say that cuz little Emma danced to it everytime i played it. It has a certain "hop" to it i guess.

    the new version will be very pretty. haha you must be so excited

    ReplyDelete