Tuesday, January 5, 2010

"So this is the new year. And i don't feel any different."

Says YOU Death Cab For Cutie!

This year has already been filled with new puppy-stress, sickness and windy arctic air. Not to say that it's going to be a bad year at all but it certainly hasn't started out very peachy keen! No matter, this is the year that What To Keep & Let Go will finally be a reality and that makes me feel a whole lot better.

With the holidays and Dave's sickness (now mine) we haven't really had a chance to be in the studio for a couple weeks. January through May will be very productive while we add vocals to most all the songs that have been instrumentally completed, tweak existing arrangements and start a couple of the songs that haven't been really touched yet including a one-take version of Hello, Amy. All will come together nicely and I have a few ideas lingering in my head as far as transitions, flow and possibly even a hidden track? Who knows! Anything is possible! Wa ha!

So, Mr. Gibbard, I think I might disagree with you and say that I think I WILL feel very different this new year once things start rolling forward and we reach the anticipated finale of this project. It's been so much fun and I just know I'll miss the entire process.

No comments:

Post a Comment